Friday 13 April 2012

Been a while & I need to rant.....

Ever get the feeling I only blog when I want to rant?
Kind of feels that way, but I don't know where to start.
I explained to my friend today that I'd been watching BBC Breakfast and some guy was in raving on about etiquette , and I'd got to the stage I was agreeing and yelling at TV. Funnily enough my friend was agreeing with me, phew says I .
We aren't teaching our youth basic manners it seems and sadly it we agreed it was from the 30something downwards that we thought the rudest, the younger the ruder, you get my drift.
Why did I get a tirade on? Well I'd done a good deed, this altruism doesn't give me happy endorphins so sod knows why I insist on still doing stuff... And what had bugged me was I didn't get a common thankyou. Now I'd gone beyond the call of duty. In fact they'd annoyed me enough prior to the good deed being done, that it nearly didn't happen.
But my conscience wouldn't allow me to pull the plug on a promise.
I may probably regret it, what am I say of course I shall regret it.
I did say to said person, when I offered anoth good deed, and they refused it, that I wouldn't be offering again, as they aren't appreciated.
Wonder if they got the heavy sarcasm? Probably not. Too immature to realize that they are being rude and have no common manners, because they did / do have manners of sorts, they'd pop up every now and again. But was it manners? Was it etiquette ?
What does it mean nowadays?
Do we not say thank you?
Do we not write thank you letters ( ok e mails/ texts) and appreciate what someone might have done for us? Or is that old fashioned?
In the day of the 140 worded tweet, doesnt society under a certain age realize that etiquette isn't that you leave your caps on when tweeting,( it denotes shouting) but common curtisey in the flesh, in the real world?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't understand what happened in this story. What good deed did you do? I understand your points and actually agree with the overall message here but I am left wondering what did you do for this person and should they have been grateful? Can you tell us as readers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep organized a trip for them, all expenses paid...

    ReplyDelete