Saturday 28 April 2012

Bored.com

This breaking your ankle marlarkey is annoying. I'm bored.
I've read a trilogy of books ; if you are wondering the Fifty Shades of Grey.
Don't know if I'd have read them if I'd not seen the hype and had friends reading them and my jury is still out on if I liked or not!
I've now a hard cast on.
This might mean more mobile though it feels weird under the foot.
Feels it will crack.
Back in a month to see if it's knitting together, the pain element is the tendons and I've nerve damage on front of foot.
But Ll in all bar e boredom and inability to do much I feel I'm in a better place than 4 years ao when I fell over with a TIA and did a double fracture on the other one.
Hoping the mindset is for keeps, as it will make me more active and aid recovery, even told consultant off yesterday when she claimed that I might need something more after the stookie came off.... No, want it done and dusted and just physio not more casts....
A Canadian friend asked me this morning why we call it a stookie.... I've no idea, I just went oh it's a Scottish term. So why do we call it a stookie? Someone please.... Lol

1 comment:

  1. I hope you manage to be able to get a bit more mobile if the stookie is strong enough to protect your ankle.I am half way through book 3 and I must admit to skimming much more as I now just want o know how it all ends not fussed re the details.....

    ReplyDelete