Tuesday 1 May 2012

Manners marketh a man

Ive prattled on before about the la k of manners in the world for certain generations of people ,one argument was in this day and age of tweeting Facebook and other means of communication, we've forgotten how to communicate.
I know I've not and I'd say 99% of my friends who use such methods haven't forgotten either. But, is it how we are raised that makes us the " man" we are? Do we get manners from parents, from iemds, from the media?
Watching the Levinson Enquiry had me thinking, James Murdoch is a product of his up bringing. His father has very few manners and is a bully and has got his employees doing stuff they probably wouldn't have done but felt they had to, the worse offenders be the ones with ambition and thought any means how to climb, be like him, ruthless etc. I kind f feel sorry for James, he's probably not had e easiest up bringing but he's let his need to get parental approval and hasn't been shown manners and ethical procedures, or am I spinning too much of a human light on them? Probably !
But, because the media seems to show little respect for society, even high up, it reflects on how society then treats each other?
Why should one part of society think that they have a right to do as they wish on another?
Our youth, learn by example, and I do tell the masses I mix with that respect isn't freely given its got to be earned, and manners cost nothing.
Strangely when a youth does say please or thank you or show any manners I usually need to lie down in a darken room.

No comments:

Post a Comment