Monday 3 September 2012

Must be the season

Lat time I blogged I mentioned a good thing had happened despite all the rubbish that was happening: friend I'd not spoken to in 12 years had now reappeared and we'd be very adult and now friends  again.
Well it seems it's the season to hear from folk I've not in a while!
Got an e mail yesterday from an old school pal, we have been pals for a long time, I mean since we were 7.
Then a few years back she decides that life in her new neighbourhood meant that she was so busy with her new pals etc that she ignored and I kind of thought, not knocking my socks off to keep lines of communication open as I had.
Also he way was always right , she had an option on everything, including how I should look after my stroke, and I didn't fall into her ideal stroke victim!
I didn't do x y and z how I should, s it became tiring.
Also it was beginning to be like getting an appointment with the queen and to add insult to injury I felt very like the poor woman in Keeping Up Appearance ( the neighbour and not Hyacinth ).
As I was practically sat there waiting for the hose of the Hoover to come under m chins if I dared to make a mess.
Last Wednesday however! After running into M& S because of the thunderstorm ( ok you know I've exaggerated re running) and I thought I saw her OH, wasn't 100% as hell mows the last time I'd seen him ( you only got to the house rarely when he was there if you're wondering). And I mentioned this to daughter as she drove me next day to get knee X rayed.
I am now more convinced that he must have been he, as why else now would I hear?
I know that sounds cynical but she had sent a card at Christmas card stating she'd call as 2011 had been so stressful for her, And now it's " oh sorry I have a new e mail  but I'm menopausal and I have to brain and I suddenly remembered I'd not sent it to you!"
Does this face look bothered?
No it aint , but it makes me think have I got double standards going on?
I will probably e mail her back, I'm sure her OH told her I was using  a crutch to walk with.
But I know I was pleased to hear from the other friend and I don't give 2 hoots about this one?
Hence why I think my forgiveness ratio is working double standards!

No comments:

Post a Comment