Thursday 21 August 2014

ThenBlack Dog

I was mortified like the majority of folk when Robin Williams took his life.
The last picture of him with a fan , he didn't look right, and he was within a facility that was to help him.
It transpires he had just been diagnosed with Parkinson's , maybe he decided that life would have no meaning once it took hold or he didn't want to be a burden or something.
How can any of us really understand what was going through his mind when he decided it was time he  left us.
Can any one understand what goes on in the heads of people who suffer from depression?
I can't see how anyone says they can, even someone that suffers .
We all have our own triggers.
I'd hate to think mine would make me take my life , but I do know how easy it is to be visited by the black dog for no reason and it hangs about for a while or a short time.
I've medication to help me, can't survive without it, believe you me I've tried.
But, it doesn't always keep the black dog at bay.
I don't want anyone to tell me they understand, I just want friends to see the signs and just offer support.
I hope now that Mork has gone home to his home planet, he's lost his demons. He's happy and that his family remember Robin Williams as a talented talented man who would have loved them dearly, despite the way his life ended.
Nanu Nanu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment