Thursday 22 August 2013

Life, but not as we know it Jim.

I came to the conclusion the other day, that, when I was a snotty teen, I didn't envisage me at my age with the life I have.
I had believed I had a charmed life, I could do what I wished, and all that rubbish.
Life over the years has been throwing some hell off a curve balls.
I got myself upset yesterday, as I had a medical, and I was asked a load of questions, and I counteracted, oi seriously do you think I thought I'd be like this at my age? Get a grip!
Why do people who don't know you make assumptions?
No I thought at my age I would have had a wonderful career ( when I was 13 I wanted to be a Doctor) and children and of course a wonderful social life.
Aye right, not kind of worked that way.
2013 hasn't half thrown some curve balls.
Mother's passing, annoying sister, being medically retired, and children away from home. The Doctor yesterday, went :" who makes up your household?" Me, cats and dog. Probably not what he was expecting. 
This week has been one of the few good ones in 2013.
And also one of the busiest.
I've actually enjoyed being a taxi for a friend, doubt she believes me,but it gets me out if the house.
Met a friend and their son,and it was just a fantastic evening, laughing and having dinner, looking at daft acts in the fringe. Lets say the Craic was fab, and I would love to repeat that often, should be prescribed on the nhs!
Then Tuesday out to Fife to see another friend.
( Craic was good too but, Monday wins!)
And now I feel kind of flat. Might be why yesterday when being given the 3 rd degree re health, I felt I could scream and cry.
And it's all building up to next week when I head back to hospital so they can remove more bad cells.
I must try and think of positives more rather than the yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment